Got tagged by shadeley!
1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
Over 9 years. My, time flies! I joined on March 16th 2006.
2. What does your username mean?
Once upon a time, there were two girls who drew dolls on paper and cut them out to play. One of those girls was me; one of those dolls was called Gejda. Somehow, it stuck.
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Quiet, bookworm, controlled.
4. Are you left or right handed?
Right handed. I was always jealous of anyone lucky enough to be ambidextrous (mum, I'm looking at you!).
5. What was your first deviation?
It's no longer here - I had a short phase when I wanted to leave dA and deleted everything in my gallery - but it was a mermaid manip with flaviacabral as the model. The earliest one in my gallery is this one:
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
Photomanipulation, definitely! I'm learning how to paint digitally and slowly getting better at it, but manips will always hold a very special place for me.
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Easy - digital painting. Being able to visualize images from my imagination perfectly? Yes, please!
8. What was your first favourite?
Can you believe that I've got 814 PAGES of favourites? Still, it must have taken me a while to realize I can actually favourite things, cause I did it for the first time in 2008 - two years after I joined dA. This is the first:
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Photomanips, digital & traditional paintings and drawings, photography. A few of my recent favs from all these categories:
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
Oh my, now that is a very difficult question... How about a few people whose work I've been following for almost as long as I'm here?
Foxfires - whose artwork will immediately transport you to a magical world of taken straight out of fairy tales.
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
Honestly, there's too many wonderful people here to choose just one. : )
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
Well, there was one deviant in particular who inspired me to make an account and take up photo manipulation. She's not on dA anymore, but when she was here - she was mmenathalie. I was awed by her works back then.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
Currently - Photoshop CC and a Wacom Graphirre Tablet. I'll be upgrading soon, though, and plan to purchase an Intuos Pro.
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
Even though there are quite a bit of things and changes lately that I no longer like here, deviantART is still a big source of inspiration. I'd never have a chance to see so many fantastic artworks created by so many ridiculously talented people from all over the world if I wasn't a part of this community.
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
Probably getting my first Daily Deviation! I was on dA around 6/7 years by then, if I remembered correctly, and halfway convinced I'm never going to get a DD. And then it happened. I'd say it made my day back then, but to be honest - it probably made my month.
If you'd like to make your own questionnaire, consider yourself tagged!